Croatia is one of the new most popular destinations in recent years. But after searching many cheap flights to Croatia, you will realize that you have more than enough reasons to visit this beautiful country. With its countless attractions, the word has spread through Europe that Croatia is one of those gems that you just have to visit eventually.
To get there, it is the best to look for flights to Croatia to any of the major airports, as Pleso airport in the capital of Zagreb, or airport Kaštela on the coast in Split. There are nine airports in Croatia and the five biggest are:
- Pleso Airport (Zagreb, Croatia) with 29 airlines that operate out of Pleso Airport to 31 cities. Every week, around 133 domestic flights and around 707 international connecting flights depart from Pleso Airport.
- Split Airport (Split, Croatia) with 29 airlines that operate from Split Airport to 53 cities. Every week, around 56 domestic flights and around 84 international connecting flights depart from Split Airport.
- Dubrovnik Airport (Dubrovnik, Croatia) with 32 airlines that operate from Dubrovnik Airport to 54 cities. Every week, around 63 domestic flights and around 77 international connecting flights depart from Dubrovnik Airport.
- Airport Rijeka (Rijeka, Croatia) with 8 airlines operates from Rijeka Airport to 15 cities.
- Pula Airport (Pula, Croatia) with 13 airlines operates from Pula Airport to 27 cities.
Lovers of travelling will come into its own this year as Europe's largest low-budget air carrier - Irish Ryanair introduces a number of airline routes from Zadar to Dublin, Polish Wroclaw, English Liverpool, Norwegian Gothenburg and Haugesund and Paris. All seasonal lines fly twice a week. Also, you will be able to fly from Pula, Osijek and Rijeka with Ryanair during the summer season.
Croatia will soon be connected with Eastern Europe, namely with Moscow by S7 Airlines, and you will be able to visit Copenhagen Oslo and Stockholm from Pula by SAS, Trondheim from Split and Bergen from Dubrovnik.